Saturday, January 23, 2021

Soup's On!

 

Come on in! The soup's fine!

I've never really been one for soups, aside from a rare cup of tomato bisque or chicken noodle, when i'm ill.

Eons ago, when I actually had time to dine out for lunch during a work day, I might order a lunch special that came with hot & sour or egg flower soup.

And I do  enjoy a bowl of gazpacho when dining at a fancy italian restaurant on rare occasion.

The other week, however, i ordered a lunch special that came with won ton soup. Then, I had French Onion soup the other day and, now, i believe i'm entering a soup phase, not a bad thing, considering cold weather is returning.

Yesterday, I felt adventurous and tried Kar Por Pla (กระเพาะปลา), or fish maw soup. For those who may not be familiar with this delicacy, fish maw refers to the AIR bladders of large bony fish.



What are your favourite soups? 

what unusual soups have you tried?

have fun & bon appetit!